Finance and Accounts Department
The department sees to the day-to-day running of the ECN in the areas of:
- Responsible for implementation and review of adequate accounting system and Management of Funds allocated to the Commission.
- Financial controls and management of the resources of the Commission to ensure internal checks and fiscal discipline.
- Advising the Accounting Officer (Director-General) on all financial matters in line with the Financial Regulation and other extant rules and regulations.
- Regular brief on the financial position of the Commission to the Director-General whenever required.
- Ensuring compliance with Financial Regulations, Accounting Codes and all other extant rules in accounting for all public funds.
- Ensuring that all funds received by the Commission are utilized for the purposes for which they are meant and in accordance with laid down procedures and in line with Financial Regulation and other extant rules.
- Salary Administration.
- Receipt and response to all audit queries issued by the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation and the Public Accounts Committee of the National Assembly.
- Carrying out any other assignment as may be directed by the Director General/CEO